I certainly do have a few thoughts and feelings about this assignment. Overall it was an incredibly
informative process, and I learned a great deal more about RenderMan than I had originally thought
I would. This is certainly due to the issues with my back faces turning out black repeatedly despite
having double sided turned on in the attribute editor. After several restarts and a solid day of looking
through the RenderMan documentation online I learned a whole lot about the PxrShader as well as a fair
amount additional with the PxrLights whilst looking for a solution, which turned out to be pretty mundane.
As it turns out, not only must double sided be enabled in the object's attribute editor, but must also be
enabled on the surface shader itself! Additionally if you want the colors split you have to uncheck "same as diffuse"
which certainly made me feel a little foolish as that was something we had covered in class, and a step
I was fairly certain I followed, but clearly missed. I have certainly gotten a lot faster at assigning and
re-assigning custom attributes and managing my hypershade to reduce redundancies and optimize the number
of nodes being used at any given time. Save for my own self caused stress I thoroughly enjoyed the application
and recontextualization of earlier content in the course to create these simple shaders.