Student Pages

Information regarding miscellaneous items (IE, virus protection, data storage, hardware setups)

Moderator: hhillm20

Student Pages

Postby kamack20 on Mar 4th, '14, 16:32

This is probably going to be an incredibly easy problem to solve, but I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me. For CMPA way back when, we were required to make a website and host it through the scad server on our student pages. Now, some years later, I want to get rid of that website (honestly forgot it was still up) so that employers can't google me and stumble on that dog awful thing. The problem is, I thought I deleted it, but apparently a PDF of my resume has somehow survived and I can not find it anywhere on any server. I don't know how it is hanging suspended in internet space. Does anyone know how to completely shut down your student pages or take a PDF off the internet when you don't know where it's located?

Thanks!
-Kori
kamack20

Re: Student Pages

Postby cbanko21 on Mar 5th, '14, 11:18

Quite the interesting issue you have there. I would check once again to find and delete the files through the student pages FTP site. If that continues to prove useless, give tech support an email and see if they cannot help you out or at least forward you to the right people.

https://studentpages.scad.edu/uftp
technologysupport@scad.edu
Montgomery Hall Systems Support
cbanko21

Re: Student Pages

Postby kamack20 on Mar 6th, '14, 16:30

Thanks cbanko - I had attempted to clean it out once more but every time I attempted the link I had for student pages, it loaded an empty screen. I assumed there was nothing on it from the last time I had cleared it out. Your link actually worked and did show some files still left over Yay for correct URLs.

Anyway, I cleared out the student pages folder again and we'll see if it sticks this time. Thanks for replying!
kamack20

Return to General Information