Support for some wacom tablets

Support for some wacom tablets

Postby tmcnai20 on Apr 3rd, '13, 21:23

Hey,
I am having issues with my Wacom (Bamboo CTH-460/K). It is not supported by the installed 'Wacom Tablet Properties' app and installed wacom drivers, so windows uses its default tablet PC input service to handle it's input. The problem is, at the beginning of every stroke, the pen hangs and is delayed while it is seeing if you are going to hold and right-click. It makes it impossible to make natural strokes or paint at all. (see here)

Solving the problem:
Option to either toggle the 'Tablet PC Input Service' on/off would solve it.
Or give access to the 'Pen and Touch' option panel under 'Hardware and Sound' in control panel. There is an option in there for 'Enable press and hold for right-clicking' that could be easily turned off.

Let me know if there is already a way to make this work that I don't know about, I am unable to get my tablet to work at all on Macs, just lacks the driver and doesn't work at all. Very frustrating.

Thanks
tmcnai20

Re: Support for some wacom tablets

Postby aabrams on Apr 12th, '13, 11:38

Unfortunately, when deploying Windows to the labs are we are limited on hardware to test to insure student owned devices work prior to deployment. We are aware of the issue with Flicks, Window's tablet pc service, which is causing the issue ( it's annoyed me since the release of Windows 7 ) and often it is disabled when opening up specific graphic programs ( Photoshop, Zbrush, Mari...), but often most of the issues arise here is due to insuring older generation tablets which we have for check out work just as well as the new Cintiqs.

To help with the issue I will be putting a shortcut in the 2D folder and the Utilities folder to the Pen Touch settings to allow students to access the settings.
A. Steve Abrams
Systems Support: Montgomery Hall
Savannah College of Art and Design
Aabrams@scad.edu
aabrams

Re: Support for some wacom tablets

Postby tmcnai20 on Apr 17th, '13, 21:02

aabrams wrote:...
To help with the issue I will be putting a shortcut in the 2D folder and the Utilities folder to the Pen Touch settings to allow students to access the settings.

Thanks, the fix works great.
The press & hold option is easily disabled now.
tmcnai20

Return to Windows