Maya 2011 is not able to open all of the fluids in my file t

For any Maya specific problems

Maya 2011 is not able to open all of the fluids in my file t

Postby dhernand on Oct 4th, '10, 07:35

My problem is that Maya 2011 is not able to open all of the fluids in my file that I\'m working on. I\'m getting an error message which says that Maya 2011 is missing the mayalive.mll Plug-in. I have been working on this file for a while now and it has always opened just fine.

####################################
Name:Jason T Emmendorfer IP:10.7.131.14 Email:jemmen20@student.scad.edu Room:310 Machine:14 Platform:other Application:Windows Error:file -f -options \"v=0\" -typ \"mayaAscii\" -o \"H:/S2/Volumetrics/ROD_S2_Volumetrics_Attept_02_cloud_layer_05_update_11.ma\";addRecentFile(\"H:/S2/Volumetrics/ROD_S2_Volumetrics_Attept_02_cloud_layer_05_update_11.ma\", \"mayaAscii\");
# Error: file: H:/S2/Volumetrics/ROD_S2_Volumetrics_Attept_02_cloud_layer_05_update_11.ma line 8: RuntimeError: file line 1: Plug-in, \"mayalive.mll\", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. #
// Warning: file: H:/S2/Volumetrics/ROD_S2_Volumetrics_Attept_02_cloud_layer_05_update_11.ma line 109941: Unrecognized node type \'mlRoto\'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: H:/S2/Volumetrics/ROD_S2_Volumetrics_Attept_02_cloud_layer_05_update_11.ma line 151396: Unrecognized node type \'mlRotoCache\'; preserving node information during this session. //
// File read in 3 seconds.
// Warning: Fluid initial state cache file \'ROD_S2_Volumetrics_Attept_02_cloud_layer_05_update_11.ma_fluidShape1.mcfi\' not found //
// Warning: This file contains an uncached fluid; rewind and playback to see correct current state. //
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. // Problem:I\'m using Maya 2011. As far as I can tell, the problem exists on not just computer 310-14 but all of the computers in the building.
##################################
Dan Hernandez
Systems Support
Montgomery Hall
Savannah College of Art & Design
dhernand@scad.edu
dhernand

Re: Maya 2011 is not able to open all of the fluids in my file t

Postby pherri20 on Oct 5th, '10, 20:03

i'm guessing you have checked that mayalive.mll was loaded under Window>Settings/Preferences>Plug-in Manager

otherwise, it may need to be copied into your plug-in folder and then loaded. this could be something for systems.

in the meantime, if it was working fine in say, 2010 - is there a particular reason you can't keep working in that version? or can you bake out what you need before bringing it into 2011?

hope that helps...
pherri20

Re: Maya 2011 is not able to open all of the fluids in my file t

Postby mgonul20 on Jan 5th, '11, 12:28

Maya live plug-in has been discontinued with maya 2011 since it hasn't been updated for a couple of versions of maya now. It has been replaced with matchmover. matchmover is installed with maya 2011, so we have it in every pc.
MuratG
mgonul20

Return to Maya