thumbs up, thumbs down

Suggest features you'd like to see on the SDM Intranet site.

thumbs up, thumbs down

Postby pherri20 on Feb 14th, '11, 06:12

i think it would be good if renders in the gallery could be rated by users: thumbs up or thumbs down.

a bad ratio, after a minimum number of votes should pull the image from the gallery - or even better, kick it off the farm ;) but, after all, this is a public site, and some of the things that pass through the farm look bad on the student body and their own work.

it would also be nice to have comments enabled, (and let the user whose image it is have power to delete them) - but that could be really beneficial and serve as an easy way to help some people out (like, instruct them how to render an occlusion that doesn't take 2 hours to render).

maybe we could see this next year with the big update?
pherri20

Re: thumbs up, thumbs down

Postby aabrams on Feb 16th, '11, 17:29

There is going to be a big update to the farm over the summer, though I'm not sure if a rating system can be implemented, but it is a cool idea. I think it would actually require a second separate system, IE an imageboard though with out the vulgar comments like most well known boards.

We did have a site setup a while back called Reel SFDM which allowed for students to post their work which had a 1 to 5 star rating system. Though that faded to the background due to lack of usage and the primary developer finding work at Pixar.
A. Steve Abrams
Systems Support: Montgomery Hall
Savannah College of Art and Design
Aabrams@scad.edu
aabrams

Re: thumbs up, thumbs down

Postby pherri20 on Feb 17th, '11, 20:38

right right, well the good thing about a real name forum, especially where you have to be a student to comment, means you are totally accountable for anything you say... so i don't think anything will get to out of hand, and if anyone is being disrespectful... pull their farm privileges for the quarter and be done with it. like i said, i think that could be a really convenient way for ideas and support to pass around really efficiently to help people improve the presentation of their work. maybe it could also be helpful to see some of the render stats and settings... that would be super legit. and we need some hd stills up in here. not to mention some hd monitors... and a 4k projector.
pherri20

Return to SDM Site Suggestions